Reality for each of us is different.
What will be your reality for 2018?
We all perceive reality differently. Somebody sent me an email on New years eve with the following, which you should try to read and pronounce the words in the correct context. Even if your reading is very good you may trip up because this exercise is designed that way. Please try it?
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was used to produce produce.
- The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
- Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
- A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
- There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present.
- A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
- To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Any thought process can be challenged. For New Year do you have a thought process you would like to tweak?
My point for raising this puzzler in the context of hypnotherapy is that sometimes we experience events that can colour our judgement of future events, yet if the original perception is wrong then it can dramatically affect the way we deal with fear, conflict, sleeplessness and all manner of things that a hypnotherapist can help clients with. Context is everything yet subconsciously we can store the lesson learned out of context. If are struggling with an attitude to something and you even know that your reaction isn’t entirely rational then Hypnotherapy may be able to help you re-frame a healthy perspective on your issue consciously and subconsciously.
It is 5 years ago since I lost 3 stone. Prior to that I held the perception that it was difficult for me to lose weight. This perception was in the context that I had struggled with weight loss for many years. Once I shed that Idea and focussed just on the desired outcome rather than the evidence and my perception, I lost weight much more rapidly. I changed my own reality. I did not diet and do not believe in dieting. It takes a shift in perception.