Hypnotherapy is extremely effective in ridding people of phobias.
A Phobia can often be effectively dealt with in one session. The strategy for dealing with your phobias will be for you to look at your thoughts without the fear and to develop a more successful strategy for dealing with your fear. Fear is a normal part of life but how we deal with it varies. Sometimes a negative experience early in life can colour that fear. It my be a cliché but there is nothing to fear except fear itself. Hypnotherapy can help you with this. After just one session you may find that your fear is gone or significantly diminished.
Phobia means that your response is not rational – don’t worry and don’t try to rationalise – you can’t. Your reaction is very much subconscious. Pretty much all phobias respond well to Hypnotherapy and if you are not sure about hypnotherapy I have other techniques that I can use without trance. I have removed phobias for lots of clients. After treatment you can expect to feel normal about the thing that you were terrified of. Some people will feel so relaxed after having their Spider phobia (Arachnophobia) removed that they can then handle giant spiders afterwards which is pretty amazing.
Where I have encountered a phobia first hand it is highlighted in Green yet the approach to all phobias has lots of similarity.
This is a list of some of the commonest phobias
- Fear of Spiders –Arachnophobia – this is probably the commonest of phobias and creates lots of impracticalities.
- Fear of vomit / vomiting and anything associated with vomit or the act of vomiting – Emotophobia
- Fear of Needles – Trypanophobia
- Fear of Bread – Panophobia –
- Fear of Giving Blood
- Social Phobia
- Dental Phobia – Odontophobia
- Agoraphobia – Fear of Open or Public Spaces
- Claustrophobia – Fear of enclosed spaces – Lifts being a typical example
- Agraphobia – Fear of Sexual Abuse
- Fear of Flying
- Fear of Clowns – Coulrophobia
- Fear of Heights – Acrophobia
- Fear of Water – Hydrophobia
- Fear of the Sea – Thalassophobia
- Fear of Rats – Musophobia
- Fear of Dogs – Cynophobia – Fear of Cats – Ailurophobia
- Fear of Cockroaches – Katsaridaphobia
- Fear of pain- Agliophobia
- Fear of being alone – Autophobia
Do you have an unusual phobia? – please get in touch via email