Mid Life Challenges
Mid Life crisis sounds very dramatic but for many people Mid life is a much more subtle period of a lot of personal re-adjustment. A bit like the way your hair grows – you can’t see it happening and then one day you realise there is a problem. You may suddenly realise that you are much closer to death than you realised and that some of your dreams are unfulfilled. There can be many other challenges to ramp up stress. Stress, anxiety and Depression are very common in this period of readjustment. Your health may have some challenges.
You may find everything overwhelming. You may struggle to see a way forward. I certainly did and have my own experiences to draw from.
- Failing marriage or relationship
- The death of a parent
- Teenage children
- University Fees
- Elderly Parents that need care
- Poor Work Life balance / Job dissatisfaction / Job pressure
- Boredom / Burn out
- Declining health or fitness – Yourself or your partner
- High Blood Pressure / Hypertension
- Confronted with your own mortality – perhaps a health scare?
- Weight issues / Middle age obesity / Insulin resistance
- Alcohol, Sugar addiction or Drug abuse
- Identity Crises, Self Knowledge – Who am I really?
- Sleep problems
- Unfulfilled Dreams
- Financial Concerns / Retirement Worries
- Loss of Confidence
- Panic Attacks
- Self sabotage
In some cases hypnotherapy could give an immediate boost to your perspective and in others a longer term package of hypnotherapy, coaching and counselling may be a better fit. This period of adjustment can last a relatively short time for some and others may take 10 years to re-adjust. It is often joked about men or women having an affair with someone younger. Buying a Motorbike or a Sports car. There can be very profound feelings underlying this behaviour and being guided through this period can help a lot of people not to mess their lives up.
As I say I have my own perspective on this. I am generally happy now but I made quite a few mistakes along the way and learned a lot.
This is such a unique thing to every person – why not call for a chat?